Thursday, January 26, 2012

Dyeing viscose doll hair: Streaking three colors

I've noticed sometimes doll's hair doesn't look realistic because artists use just one shade of color. In reality hair has multiple shades of a specific color.

I've experimented and come up with one method (I'm sure there are many others) for streaking viscose doll hair. I say streaking but really it is combining three or more shades and not actual streaking.

In my last article I wrote about how to dye Viscose doll hair. For this technique you will need three or more shades of previously dyed doll hair.

Take your three colors of viscose doll hair.If needed brush out with a tooth brush.



Cut equal lengths of all three colors. split each color into smaller pieces.


Lay them side by side in an alternating pattern. Split them into a few smaller clusters.


Then begin blending by pulling pieces of the cluster out then adding it back and pull another section of the cluster and put back repeat until the hair is blended as much or as little as you'd like.You may need to repeat this part 30 times or so.
The cluster on the left shows what it looks like blended.


xoxo
Aleah

1 comment: